You can download a new version of BlueVNA (named BlueVNA2) from the following location:
Please install the new version in parallel wit the Play Store version (0.8.1). Do not uninstall previous version.
The two will share the same data directories, but you will have a reference version (0.8.1) to compare with.
What's new in 0.8.3 comparing with 0.8.1:
- Smith Chart added to reflection mode, including for continuous capture;
- user selectable multipass calibration (up to 5 passes);
- loss/attenuation autoscale goes now up to 90dB in 3 steps (30dB, 60dB and 90dB);
- progress bar added for data capture;
- autoscale (generic) for calibration data representation;
- Bluetooth automatically reconnect if link drops (you must wait for connection loss detection);
- File Import added;
- frequency calibration data is separately saved for each VNA type, so you have multiple VNA types there is no need to recalibrate frequency at each change
- possibility to add new cables in Cable mode;
- all system messages or prompts replaced by inside-app messages for better visibility;
- SM6ENG mode broken in previous version;
- sometimes a Java error pops up when trying to follow the procedure to change the grid appearance;
- if you select calibration when in (which is by design not allowed) nothing happen, but if you then go to Reflection or Transmission mode the Calibration grid is displayed instead of normal grid.
- frequency calibration does not work for Extender mode
- in the second step of transmission calibration "DUT and DET" and "RX and TX" are inversed for Extender/non Extender modes.
- crash if trying to measure a cable length with the Extender at a frequency lower than 50MHz.
- If “Back” pressed when in on-screen menu, the app goes back to Startup page instead of removing the on-screen menu;
- If “Back” pressed when in SM6ENG mode, the app goes back to Startup page with SM6ENG mode still active instead of stopping SM6ENG mode;
- If “Back” pressed when in Calibration mode, the app goes back in Startup page instead of canceling calibration. Because of this you can sometime enter a mixed mode (normal display with calibration grid);
- When Calibrating, the big letter in the background is “A” instead of “R” for reflection mode;
The user guide is not yet updated. I will work on it in the following days. The new features are intuitive enough (I hope) so you will be able to use them even without an user guide.
Please use this forum to send me your feedback if you play with the new version. I was not able to test it to much, so most probable is still full of bugs. I will try to solve them one by one.
Thank you in advance,
73 Dan YO3GGX
Here we will discuss only topics related to the miniVNA Android application
2 posts • Page 1 of 1